Daiwa Tanacom Kite Rod and Electric Reel Combo make kite fishing easier than ever. They can quickly wind in the kite after a hookup and automatically stop once it is done at the touch of a button. This leaves you free to battle the gamefish. On the west coast, these are quite popular for kite fishing for Bluefin tuna. For the kite, we recommend the Bob Lewis, SFE, or Boston Big Game Fishing Club kite. The Tanacom 28XH-KT Kit Rod has an extra heavy action.
Daiwa Tanacom 750 Power Assist Reel
- Same Power as TB750
- Momentary Winding Power of 141.1 lb.
- Max Winding Power of 19.8 lb.
- English Version LCD
- Watertight Electronic Components
- Automatic Stop and Jigging features
- Line Counter and Depth Memory
- Washable design
- Includes power cord and reel clamp
Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Power Assist Reel
- New LCD display reads out in English for easier programming
- Oversize line guide aperture to clear large knots and kite swivels
- Automatic stop and jigging features
- Variable-speed Power Lever control
- Line counter and depth memory
- Sealed electronics package
- Manual winding option
- Washable design
- 12 Volt system (12-16.8 V)
- Sealed drag system
The Tanacom 500 and 750 models are much smaller than typical electric reels, which opens up new avenues in how electric reels are utilized. These reels can be fished in the hand rather than in a rod holder, due to their reduced size and weight. Both of these smaller models can fish lighter line, which makes them ideal for fishing tilefish, cod, halibut, lingcod or sand dabs. Try using these on your stand-up fishing rods. You’re in for a lot of fun! These electric reels are also great on grouper, halibut, snapper, tile fish if you’re using them for fishing rather than your kites. If your boat has outriggers, we recommend using the Tanacom 750 or 1000 with teaser chains like the Squidnation Flippy-Floppy Daisy Chain. They can be programmed to remember the length of the line and reel in your teasers and get them out of the way with the simple push of a button, letting you concentrate on the battle. For heavier trolling applications like dredges and lures, we recommend a stronger electric reel like the Daiwa MP3000 or the LP S-1200.